5 Things To Know This Week: Join the Optimists Club, Weigh In On Multi-Modal Transportation Plan
Here's what you need to know about Birmingham this week.
- City Commission to meet Monday: The Birmingham City Commission will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday at City Hall. On the agenda is a proposed "Farm to Table" block party scheduled for September. For more, check out the complete agenda.
- School board to meet Tuesday: The Birmingham Board of Education will meet for its first meeting of 2013 at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the district's administrative offices. For more, check out the agenda.
- Transportation "visioning" workshop Thursday: Residents will be able to weigh in on Birmingham's multi-modal transportation plan Thursday during a "visioning" workshop from 7-9 p.m. at Baldwin Public Library. During the workshop, residents can help the city refine its objectives and identify areas where transportation alternatives would fit with Birmingham.
- Optimists Club informational session Wednesday: The Birmingham Optimist Club will be holding an informational session at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Dick O'Dow's. During the meeting, Birmingham's Optimists will discuss what the club does and how residents can become involved.
- Roeper open house Tuesday: The Roeper Lower School, located in Bloomfield Hills on Woodward, will be holding an open house from 9-10:30 a.m. Tuesday. The morning will begin with a presentation from school administrators followed a tour of the facilities.