5 Things To Know This Week: Bistro Applicants Come to Planning Board, Junior League Coat Drive
From the annual menorah lighting to the Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber's holiday mixer, here's what you need to know about Birmingham this week.
- Planning Board to meet Wednesday: The Birmingham Planning Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at City Hall. On the agenda are several bistro license requests, including two for established restaurants and one for the Crush Wine Bar & Bistro, which looks to move into 555. S. Old Woodward.
- Menorah lighting Wednesday: The Birmingham-Bloomfield Chai Center will host its annual menorah lighting in Shain Park Wednesday, beginning at 6:30 p.m. The event is free and the following After Glow party at The Community House will feature the band, Shlomo and the Chutzpanyaks.
- Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber annual holiday mixer Wednesday: The Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber will hold it's annual holiday mixer at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Oakland Hills Country Club in Bloomfield Township. Tickets are $45.
- Happy hour and coat drive Thursday: The Junior League of Birmingham will host "Happy Hour and Coat Drive" at Chen Chow Brasserie beginning at 6 p.m. Thursday. All coats will be donated to the Care House of Pontiac. Tickets are $25.
- Penny Bailer to speak Thursday: Penny Bailer, executive director of City Year Detroit, will speak at The Community House at 7:30 a.m. Thursday as part of its Distinguished Speaker Series. Bailer will speak on "Where It Is Written That We Can't Do This."