5 Things To Know This Week: Beer and Wine Tastings, Seaholm's Got Talent
Here's what you need to know about Birmingham this week.
- City Commission to meet Monday: The Birmingham City Commission will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday at City Hall.
- Seaholm's Got Talent: Seaholm Offers Support (SOS) will be sponsoring its fifth annual talent show this Wednesday at 7 p.m., at Seaholm High School. Tickets are $5 at the door.
- Fat Tuesday wine tasting: This Tuesday is Fat Tuesday and in Birmingham, the Detroit Wine Organization will be holding its fourth annual Fat Tuesday Wine Tasting at the Big Rock Chop House. The event begins at 6:30 p.m. and tickets are $30.
- Griffin Claw beer tasting: The Griffin Claw Brewing Company in the Rail District may not yet be open, but they'll be hosting a beer tasting from 6-8 p.m. Monday at The Reserve. Tickets are $25 and those interested can even take a "sneak peak" tour of the new brewery from 5-5:15 p.m.
- Girls on the Run informational meeting: Are you interested in volunteering for Girls on the Run, a non-profit that encourages girls to develop self-respect through running? Teams are forming at the Birmingham Family YMCA and an informational meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Monday at the YMCA. RSVP by emailing Jenny Paffi at email@example.com.
What else is happening around Birmingham this week?