Normally, we do a countdown of all kinds of activities to help you plan for your adventures during the upcoming weekend, but with holiday coming up, we thought we'd focus on everything New Year's this week.
So far this week we've discussed:
Today, we are going to look at five New Year's Eve parties happening around town.
- Dick O'Dow's: Ring in the New Year at this local Irish pub. Dick O'Dow's is bringing in 851 Jam, which features three Birmingham residents, to perform classic rock and Top 40 hits. The pub will feature food and drink specials all night. As always, there is no cover charge.
- Ring in the New Year at The Reserve: Enjoy New Year's Eve with open bar, heavy hors d’oeuvres, a sweets table and a champagne toast at midnight. Tickets cost $100 per person and include tax, gratuity and valet parking.
- New Year's Eve at South Bar: Enjoy dancing in the club with DJ iMix, live music with Hidden Agenda, party favors, a champagne toast, heavy hors d'oeuvres from 9 to 11 p.m, a cash bar and a dessert bar at midnight. Advance tickets are $35 per person, $45 at the door.
- New Year's Eve at The Hamilton Room: Enjoy a premium open liquor bar, DJ Chris B and DJ Tom T spinning the tunes, two full luxury bars, go-go dancers, a champagne countdown, and partying until 3 a.m. at this elegant nightclub. Tickets are $100 each.
- New Year's Eve 2012 at Barrio Tacos & Tequila: DJ Chuck will be spinning the tunes at Barrio's party. There also will be strolling hors d'oeuvres, a late night buffet, food stations, party favors, specialty drinks and a midnight champagne toast. Tickets are $30 each.