Need more recycling bins? Get into the spirit of spring by picking up a recycling bin for only $6 in April, half off their original price.
Bins can be picked up at Birmingham's Department of Public Services, located at 801 S. Eton St.
Also on April 16-21, the Southeastern Oakland County Resource Recovery Authority (SOCRRA) is offering free tours of its facility as a celebration of Earth Day. The facility is located at 995 Coolidge Hwy. in Troy and is open for tours from 4-5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10-11:30 a.m. on Saturday.
All recyclables must be placed in Birmingham's blue recycle bins. What can be recycled?
- All plastic containers (discard hard plastic caps)
- All papers, paperback books, mail, newspapers, magazines and phone books
- Place shredded paper in a see-through plastic bag
- Clear, brown, blue and green glass bottles
- Household batteries (secure in a clear bag)
- Empty metal cans, small scrap metal objects and large metal items (place next to recycle bin)
Recycling is collected on the same day trash is collected. Be sure to set it out by 7 a.m. on the day of collection and keep several feet between recyclables and other items out for collection, such as traffic and yard waste.