On the Agenda: School Board Looks to Finalize Sale of Admin Building
The Birmingham Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the district's administrative offices.
- Debbie Piesz, assistant superintendent for business services, will discuss an amendment to the 2011-12 general appropriations budget.
- Piesz will also give the board an update on the sale of the district's administrative offices on West Merrill Street.
Tuesday night, the Board of Education will look at a resolution that, upon the sale of the district's administrative building to Five-Fifty West Merrill, LLC, resolves to re-purpose the Birmingham Conference Center during the 2012-13 school year. The conference center would be used for administrative offices and professional development. Meanwhile, during the 2012-13 school year, the administrative offices will be located at Groves High School.
School board members will also look at extending the contracts of central office managers and supervisors, central office administrators and central office personnel for the 2012-13 and 2013-14 school years. Fringe benefit allowances for central office personnel are also on the table.
The school board will also look to approve the amendment to the 2011-12 general appropriations budget act, as presented by Piesz earlier in the evening.
Other routine resolutions include:
- Personnel action, including approving new hires, leaves of absence and retirements.
- Awarding of diplomas for Groves and Seaholm high schools.
- Approval of participation in the International Academy for the 2012-13 school year.
- Approval of the recommendations of the Education Council, including various new and updated course materials.
- Renewal of the school food service contract with Sodexo School Services for the 2012-13 school year.