On the Agenda: Liquor License Renewal Hearings
The Birmingham City Commission will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday at City Hall.
- Kevin Hart will interview for a spot on the Board of Zoning Appeals.
- A resolution approving the purchase of eight trash receptacles and 10 benches for the total price of $21, 645 from Superior Play, LLC.
- A resolution approving the spring 2012 annual flower purchase from Boykas Greenhouse, for an amount not to exceed $16,517.
- A resolution awarding the contract for the restoration of the Pierce Street Parking Structure for $940,148.
- A resolution approving a request to hold the In the Park Concerts on Wednesday evenings from June 20-Aug. 15, 2012 in Shain Park. The Band Jam will also be held June 15 in Shain Park.
- A resolution recognizing Detroit Edison Glee Club/DTE Singers, based at 300 Willits, as a non-profit organization. This is to allow the group to obtain a Michigan gaming license.
- The City Commission will consider a resolution approving the renewal, for the 2012 licensing period, of all Class B and Class C liquor licenses. If the commission wishes to file an objection with the Michigan Liquor Control Commission, they may also set a public hearing for March 19 to discuss whatever businesses they may wish to file an objection with.
- The commission will also consider a resolution amending the rules relating to the use of municipal parks and playgrounds, specifically making it so no one may drink or consume any intoxicant or intoxicating beverage in any park area or city-owned properties. The only exception to this would be the beer and wine sold at the Lincoln Hills and Springdale Golf Course.