The Birmingham City Commission will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday at City Hall.
- Steven Quintel, Peter Sobelton and Rachael Woods will interivew for three spots on the Principal Shopping District board, to serve four-year terms that will expire in November 2015.
- Guy DiPlacido and Diane Slinger Trabucchi will interview for two spots on the Board of Reviews, to serve three year terms to expire in December 2014.
- Edward Fuller will interview fo a spot on the Corridor Improvement Authority, to serve a four-term year to expire in December 2015.
All items listed on the consent agenda are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and approved by a roll call vote. There will be no separate discussion of thei tems unless a commissioner or citizen so requests.
- A resolution purchasing a self-contained breathing apparatus for the Fire Department for $136,195. The Assistance to Firefighters Grant will fund $124,687 of this expense.
- A resolution authorizing the city to enter an agreement for municipal street lighting with DTE Energy for 835 Haynes St. All costs relative to the project will be charged to the adjacent owner, Fred Lavery Co.
Commissioners will consider whether to accept the Complete Streets Study prepared these past few months by engineering firm Parson Brinkerhoff/LSL Planning. If accepted, commissioners can then direct the city's Engineering Department to proceed with one of two plans presented by the engineering firm.
In addition, commissioners will vote on whether:
- To spend $5,500 to apply for Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement funds, available through SEMCOG for FY 2013-14, to install a right turn lane on East Maple at Woodward Avenue.
- To set a public hearing on Jan. 9, 2012 on whether to install new sidewalk on the west side of Graefield Road, from Derby Road to Pembroke.
- To arrange a special City Commission meeting for Jan. 30, 2012 to review the city's general fund balance policy.