On the Agenda: City Commission to Meet Monday Night
The Birmingham City Commission is meeting at 7:30 p.m. Monday at City Hall.
- Lester Richey is interviewing for a position on the Board of Review.
All items listed on the consent agenda are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and approved by a roll call vote. There will be no separate discussion of the items unless a commissioner or citizen so requests.
- Approving the service agreement with the Deaf & Hearing Impaired, Inc. for $2,370, for services rendered in 2012-13.
- Approving the service agreement with the Birmingham Area Seniors Coordinating Council for $44,410 for services rendered in 2012-13.
- Approving the service agreement with the Cultural Council of Birmingham/Bloomfield for $4,200 for services rendered in 2012-13.
- Approving outside agency contracts for Building Better Families Through Action for $1,000, Common Ground for $1,500, Haven for $2,000, Birmingham Bloomfield Community Coalition for $3,000 and the Birmingham Youth Assistance for $18,000.
- Appointing Jeff Bremer, assistant director at the Department of Public Services, to the Board of Trustees of the Southeastern Oakland County Resource Recovery Authority.
- Approving "Birmingham in Stiches: A Yarn-Bombing Project" for installation on Sept. 15-30, with the option to extend that date to Oct. 14.
- Approving the service contract for Integrated Data Solutions, Inc. for $49,645 to be paid over three years
- Authorizing the mayor to sign the agreement for municipal street lighting from DTE Energy for $12,851.
- Awarding the East Maple Road temporary traffic control project to J. Ranck Electric, Inc. for $14,500.
- Approving the removal and replacement of two elevator platforms in the North Old Woodward Parking Garage for $18,990.
- Approving emergency repair work in the Peabody Parking Structure for $37,345.
- Approving the use of two parking spaces on Woodward Avenue to fulfill a portion of off-street parking requirements for the business at 33668 Woodward Ave.
- Setting a public hearing date for July 9 to consider various zoning ordinance amendments.
- Approving the purchase of one buse shelter for $19,275 .
- Apprving the purchase of two beverage carts for use at the city golf courses.
- Reappropriating $50,000 from the 2011-12 budget for the multi-modal master planning project and the Woodward Gateway master planning project in the 2012-13 budget.
- Awarding the St. James and Crestview tennis court repair project to Goddward Coatings, Inc. for $32,875.
- Public hearing of confirmation for the installation of lateral sewers within the East Maple Road Paving Project area.
- Public hearing to determine if the structure at 187 Wimbleton is dangerous and should be therefore prohibited by Section 50-41 of the Birmingham City Code.
- Public hearing to consider various amendings to Chapter 126 of the city's zoning ordinance.
- Amending the schedule of fees, charging, bonds and insurance for all bills rendered on or after July 1.