On the Agenda: Birmingham Looking to Rejoin Woodward Dream Cruise
The Birmingham City Commission will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday at City Hall.
- John Schrot, Jeremy Brandt and Stanton Beatty will interview for one spot on the Board of Ethics.
- Brent Saeli, Keith Deyer and Gigi Debbrecht will interview for two spots on the Historic District Study Committee.
- Linda Forrester will interview for one spot on the Martha Baldwin Park Board.
- Larry Bertollini will interview for oen spot on the Architectural Review Committee.
All items listed on the consent agenda are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and approved by a roll call vote. There will no separate discussion of the items unless a commissioner or citizen so requests.
- Approval of the renewal of the Central Control System Support and Warranty program for the next 60 months, at $7,5600.
- Approving Don Thomas Sporthaus's request to hold the Rail Jam on Sept. 22, 2012.
- Authorizing a $6,517.50 payment to Pro-Line Asphalt Co. for work completed in the 2011 Concrete Sidewalk Repair program.
- Approving a $9,009 purchase of concealable vests, carriers and composite shock plates.
- Approving the reinbursement of $2,688.15 for eligible mosquito control activity under the Oakland County's West Nile Virus Fund program.
- Setting a public hearing of necessity for the installation of sidewalk streetscape on Pierce and East Merrill streets.
- Approving the city manager to sign contracts and all other required documents by the Michigan Liquor Control Commission.
- Approving the 2012 Sidewalk Repair Program.
- Approving a $18,325 purchase of pistols, night sights, bullet magazines and security holster for the Birmingham Police Department.
- A resolution approving a request from Tallulah Wine Bar and Bistro to hold the Summer of Riesling Dinner Celebration on Bates Street, between Martin and alley, on Aug. 19.
- Approving a $102,290.52 purchase of a new 911 system.
- Amending city code regarding the regulation of the ignition, discharge and use of consumer fireworks.
- Amending city code regarding the retirement system for the city's firefighters and police officers.
- Approving the settlement agreement between the city and Teamsters Local 214, for the contract through June 30, 2015.
- Approving a 2 percent wage reinstatement for employees in the administrative and management classification, al of whom received a 2 percent wage cut in 2010.
- Rejoining Woodward Dream Cruise, Inc. as a member municipality.
- Approving the emergency purchase of air conditioning for the computer/server room at the Allen House.