On the Agenda: City to Review Bistro Application Process
The Birmingham City Commission will be meeting at 7 p.m. Monday at City Hall.
- Kamran Karimpour and Steve Quintal will be interviewing for one position on the Old Woodward Avenue Conceptual Design Ad Hoc Committee.
All items listed on the consent agenda are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and approved by a roll call vote. There will be no separate discussion of the items unless a commissioner or citizen so requests.
- A resolution approving a request from the Piety Hill Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution to hold the Veteran's Day Wreath Laying Ceremony and aerial flyover on Nov. 11.
- A resolution approving the request by the Birmingham Bloomfield Chai Center requesting permission to place a Sukkah in Shain Park on Oct. 12-19, with a family gathering on Oct. 16.
- A resolution authorizing the city manager to enter an agreement with the Detroit Institute of Art Inside|Out installation project.
- A public hearing of confirmation to consider the removal and replacement of concrete in the Papa Joe's parking lot.
- A public hearing of confirmation for the creation of a special assessment district at 35975 Woodward Ave. The city would like to construct a pedestrian crosswalk at North Old Woodward and Oak Street, as well as Woodward Avenue and Oak Street.
- A public hearing considering the vacation of the 10-foot alley north of 656 Greenwood Ave.
- A resolution approving the Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center's request to hold Art Birmingham in Shain Park on May 26-27, 2012.
- Commissioners will also hold a bistro process review, specifically considering an amendment to Birmingham City Code that will allow City Commission to establish protocol for application deadlines and review procedures.
- Commissioners will also consider amending part of the city code pertaining to liquor license renewal hearings.