City Commission to Pick a New Mayor Monday Night
The Birmingham City Commission will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday at City Hall.
The City Commission will elect a new Mayor and Mayor Pro Tem for the upcoming year. Currently, Mark Nickita is serving as the commission's mayor while George Dilgard is the mayor pro tem.
All items listed on the consent agenda are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and approved by a roll call vote. There will be no separate discussion of the items unless a commissioner or citizen so requests.
- Resolution approving the use of two parking spaces at 33766 Woodward Ave. to fulfill a portion of off-street parking requirements for a business there.
- Resolution approving a request from the Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center to hold Art Birmingham in Shain Park on May 11-12, 2013.
- Resolution approving a request from Common Ground to hold the 39th annual Birmingham Street Art Fair on Sept. 21-22, 2013.
- Resolution approving a request from the Surnow Company to hold the Birmingham Bike Festival on Aug. 25, 2013.
- Public hearing of confirmation to consider the renewal of the special assessment district for the Principal Shopping District through 2015.
- Presentation of the city's audit
- Presentatin of the 2013 golf strategy
- Resolution approving the streetscape design as recommended by the Architectural Review Committee for the Pierce Street and East Merrill Street paving project.
- Presentation of public survey results about the multi-modal transportation master plan
- Public hearing to consider various zoning ordinances, including adopting the "Activating Urban Space: A Strategy for Alleys & Passages" as recommended by the Planning Board on Sept. 12.