Ever wanted to help plans some of the events in downtown Birmingham? Then you're in luck: the city is looking for a special events and marketing intern.
The intern will assist with special events planning and promotions, website and database management, and general office operations. Specific responsibilities of the Special Events & Marketing Intern will include the following:
- Assisting in the coordination of summer events in Downtown Birmingham, including Day on the Town, Dream Cruise, Farmers Market, Movie Nights, and others.
- Assist in the production of printed and electronic marketing materials
- Assist in the development of online content for the PSD website, Facebook page, Twitter feed, and other venues.
The Intern will be a key member of the Principal Shopping District staff and will be required to assist in daily office operations, attend staff meetings, and report on the progress of assigned projects. This internship will require frequent interactions with members of the public and businesses.
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate student in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising, or a related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and well developed PC skills, including knowledge of visual media production, online marketing and outreach, and other similar skills.
- Ability to work independently under general policy directions and exercise independent judgment when appropriate.
Compensation and Hours
This is a part-time position, with no benefits, starting at $10.00 per hour, with a schedule of up to 20 hours per week, including frequent evening and weekend hours. This internship will last from approximately May 1-August 30, 2013.
Submit a cover letter, résumé, and a completed City of Birmingham Application for Employment to the Human Resource Department no later than 4 p.m. Friday, March 15.