Barnum Park Plans Come Before City Commission Monday
The Birmingham City Commission will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday at City Hall.
- Ruth Clevers will interview for a spot on the Board of Review, to serve a three-year term ending December 2015.
- Victor Saroki will interview for a spont on the Triangle District Corridor Improvement Authority, to serve a four-year term ending December 2016.
All items listed on the consent agenda are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and approved by a roll call vote. There will be no separate discussion of the items unless a commissioner or citizen so requests.
- Resolution authorizing the expenditure of $15,000 from the Automobile Parking System fund promotion account to assist the Principal Shopping District in creating their proposed 2012 holiday promotional TV campaign.
- Resolution imposing a 30-minute time limit from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. to the seven parking spaces along the south portion of Parking Lot No. 5, adjacent to the First Baptist Church.
- Resolution recognizing the Birmingham Historical Society as a non-profit organization for the purpose of obtaining a State of Michigan Gaming License.
- Resolution receiving, and approving, the 2013 proposed budget from the 48th District Court.
- Resolution authorizing staff to proceed with the design of a wooden shade structure at Barnum Park, in keeping with the overall Barnum Park concept plan.
Stay tuned to Birmingham Patch all this week to see what happens at Monday night's City Commission meeting. All meetings are aired live on Local Access Channel 15.